Following the advice issued by the government on the, and to continue to protect our community, I'm sad to say the time has come that Harrogate Gymnastics must temporarily close our doors to the public.
We will continue to offer as much as we can for the gymnasts during this time, we are using a combination of our home learning site, our community Facebook groups for Live sessions to keep in shape as well as competitions and challenges!
Each week we will have the following
1) A session available on our Home Gym Platform to be accessed whenever suits you. (we currently have our recreation mini, junior and youth classes up and ready Free G and Trampoline will be following this week) - If you need a log in please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Live sessions on Facebook live and Zoom (see schedule below)
Our Private facebook group can be accessed here:
Zoom live sessions will be using the zoom app, please download so that you are ready it is free to use.
3) Weekend challenges (available on our Facebook groups and Instagram as well as the private community page)
4) Quarenteam points with prizes for those who get the most each week (announced on Wednesdays) submit your points total via email to QT@harrogategymnastics.co.uk
Excel - https://homegym.harrogategymnastics.co.uk/pluginfile.php/42/mod_forum/post/2/Excel%20Points%20Record.xlsx
5) Skill Feedback - Get in touch and we can tell you where your gymnast is at on their awards scheme and what conditioning, flexibility will be the most important for them to practice to hit the ground running when they return! The best email for this is email@example.com.
To ensure Harrogate Gymnastics can continue to offer gymnastics and trampolining classes to all our lovely members once these challenging times have passed, we are offering the following to those who are able to help us by donating £22 per month from April (of course if you would like to and are able to contribute more please do let us know we welcome anything you can help with if you are in a position to do so)
1) Reduced £5 membership for the 2020/21 year.
2) Places held in current classes to get straight back into classes once we are able to return.
3) Make-up classes - we will offer double makes up classes to all gymnasts at any time slot that suits you once we are able to re-open for those sessions missed in March
I am sure the gymnasts will be keen to get back by then and this will help bring them back up to the level they were before they were off and let them burn off some energy with additional sessions (we will be flexible here so you can choose to use them whenever you want)!
4) A free camp or activity place in the next holidays that we are open
We understand you may not be in a position to pay the fees and we want to support anyone who is experiencing financial hardship. Therefore, we will put you on top of the waiting list so that when we open and you are in a position to return you are able. We will also offer make up classes for sessions cancelled in March when we are able to reopen.
I hope you can support the club, as a small business, offering sessions as reasonably as we can to ensure everyone can have access to this wonderful sport, we need your continued support at this time. We appreciate any support you can offer us during this very worrying time for all of us.
For more information please go to the Government Website