Harrogate Gymnastics is committed to exemplary standards of conduct through the principles of equity and good ethical and moral frameworks. The club encourages individuals from all communities to become involved in all levels of participation, coaching, officiating and management. Associate Membership of the Club is open to all the community and without discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, sex, age or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirements of the activity in which they wish to be involved The club will ensure that all coaches, staff members, committee members and club members adhere to the following equity principles:
• All persons must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being
• All individuals must be treated fairly and equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion or political persuasion or disability.
• Equality must permeate throughout strategic and development plans
• An equal professional service will be provided for all participants and discrimination through race, gender or disability will not be tolerated.
• Sexual and racial harassment and discrimination is prohibited.
The equality policy will be enforced through the discipline procedures that are also in place to enforce the club codes of conduct. The club also adopts the British Gymnastics Equality policy.
Chloe Carey, Director
Last updated July 2017