Safeguarding Mission Statement
Harrogate Gymnastics Club and Harrogate Gymnastics Academy strives to ensure that children and vulnerable adults are protected and safe from harm whilst participating in gymnastics classes. The British Gymnastics Safeguarding & Protecting Children Policy and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy can be viewed on the British Gymnastics website.
Harrogate Gymnastics endeavours to promote the highest standards of care for participants and willingly accepts responsibility for:
• A duty of care for all children and vulnerable adults whilst they are on the premises
• Ensuring the Club has a “Children & Vulnerable Adults Protection and Welfare Officer”. This person is available as a confidential and accessible route for people to voice their concerns or allegations regarding issues of protection and welfare
• Dealing with all issues of protection and welfare sensitively, swiftly, and in confidence
• Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with the grievance procedure
• Ensuring that all coaches, members, and parents are aware of the codes of conduct
• Ensuring that coaches and officials hold valid training qualifications, and certification from the criminal records bureau indicating their suitability to work with children
• Promoting the ongoing training and development of coaches both through the British Gymnastics Coaching Schemes, and in child protection training
• Having a zero tolerance level of poor practice, bullying, or any other potential form of abuse.
Child Protection Policy Statement
This is to confirm that Harrogate Gymnastics has adopted the British Gymnastics Child Protection Policy.
Last updated May 2018